Are you saved? Saved from what?
- The broad meaning of salvation is “to be rescued from a threatening situation.”
- Ultimate salvation means to be delivered from the ultimate calamity of God’s wrath.
- The Bible uses salvation in several tenses, referring to God’s past, present, and future work of redemption.
- Justification is sometimes used as a synonym for salvation; at other times it is seen as one aspect in the whole scheme of redemption.
- Salvation is of the Lord and from the Lord.
Biblical passages for reflection:
Ezekiel 36:26-27, Zephaniah 1, John 3:16-17, Romans 1:16-17, 1 Corinthians 1:26-31 1 Thessalonians 1:6-10