New series for our youth group and Bible study in English.
The book of Hebrews gives us a definition of faith:
Hebrews 11:1 “Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen.”
It is one thing to believe in God; it is another thing to believe God. To believe God, to trust in Him for our very life, is the essence of the Christian faith.
- Christianity is a faith because it is based on a body of knowledge revealed by God.
- Faith is not a blind leap into darkness, but a trust in God that moves us out of darkness into light.
- Faith is simple, but not simplistic.
- Faith is not credulity. It is based on sound reason and historical
- Faith provides the substance for our future hope.
- Faith involves trusting in what is not seen.
- Faith means more than believing in God; it means believing God.
Biblical passages for reflection:
Romans 1:16-32; Romans 5:1-11; Romans 10:14-17; Galatians 3:1-14; Ephesians 2:8-9; James 2:14-26